Tuesday 17 May 2011

backpacking 17.05.11

To those of you who know me, you will know I am one of the most "clicky" people around. This is not a mis-spelling of 'cliquey". I actually click. Every time I move, something pops, something creaks, thanks to a youth full of dance teachers telling me "Its good to stretch so much your back pops!" No no, Miss Judy the dance teacher, No no.

Now being a 27 year old in the midst of winter, being clicky means that bad things happen. The worst example was on a work "It's a knockout" day. This kind of day is so up my street its unbelievable... I wanted to take bets on who would be the first to cry, and the first to get injured. I wanted to wrestle in the mud. YEAH! So I threw myself at the inflatables. However, low and behold, on the 2nd inflatable laced with water and fairy liquid, I clicked. Clicked bad. Shoulder popped out of the socket bad. I was the first to be injured, I was the first to cry. Ouch.

I had a clicky incident yesterday. I just woke up and my neck had clicked so much I pulled a muscle in my neck. Ouch. I type this sitting so upright at my desk I think I could give a plank of wood a run for its money in terms of stiffness.

ANYWAY, all this gives us the background as to my subject today. BACKPACKS. I need to start wearing a backpack, says the neck doctor. Oh dear. But, I'm a positive kind gal! Hey; I can buy a new handbag. FOR MEDICAL REASONS. Never before, have I had to buy a handbag. This is not bad news! This is good news.

So the first place I pop to is Shopbop.



1. Alexander Wang $838. I want it, but I can't spend more then my rent on a bag, That's my rule.




2. Marc by Marc Jacobs $428. Hmmm. Bit boring.



3. Rebecca Minkoff $230. Bit boring.



4. Reiss. The bag I want. They don't sell it anymore. *WAAAAH*

At this point I have literally given up. So I check ASOS, French Connection, Whistles, nothing, nothing, nothing.

Then it comes to me like a slap around the face. TOPPERS. And I find this bad boy for 32 quid.



Am going to cut a few of the tassles off, but I LOVE. And then I see this one.



Again, 32 quid. What the what!? Amaze. I miss Topshop. Seriously, as I found this bag, "Mandy" came on the radio. It was like a scene from Bridget Jones.

I'm off to buy my new bag called Mandy.

h

xox

1 comment:

  1. love all these backpacks!!

    xx
    http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

    ReplyDelete